PhD in Computational and Data Science and Engineering, Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Moscow, Russian Federation. PhD Thesis: Memory compression of the Galerkin volume integral equation and coil modeling for the electrical property mapping of biological tissue. Supervisors: Maxim Fedorov (Skoltech), Jacob K. White (MIT), Riccardo Lattanzi (NYU) (09/2016–05/2020).
Visiting PhD student in Research Laboratory of Electronics, Department of Electrical Engi- neering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA, Invited by prof. Jacob K. White (10/2018–11/2019).
Diploma/MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Hellas. Diploma Thesis in Wireless Telecommunications: Analysis of layered microwave and photonic devices with the method of integral equations and the calculation of Green’s function of multilayered media (in Hellenic). Supervisor: Traianos Yioultsis (AUTh). Area of specialization: Telecommunications, GPA: 8.48/10 (09/2011–07/2016).
General Lyceum Apolytirio. Society for the Promotion of Education and Learning, Arsakeia-Tositseia Schools, Psychico, Athens, Hellas. Orientation Group: Sciences, GPA: 19.4/20 (09/2008–07/2011).
- Postdoctoral Fellow, NYU Langone Health (03/2021-now).
- Member of the Center for Advanced Imaging Innovation and Research (CAI2 R) and the Bernard and Irene Schwartz Center for Biomedical Imaging (CBI), Department of Radiology, New York University Grossman School of Medicine (NYUGSM), New York, NY, USA. Working with Prof. Riccardo Lattanzi and conducting research on the implementation and testing of novel numerical methods for rational design and assessment of MRI coils. Technical adviser of several doctoral candidates.
- Graduate Research Assistant, MIT, EECS (10/2018–11/2019).
- Member of the RLE Computational Prototyping Group.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Skoltech, CDISE.
- Member of the CDISE Computational Imaging Group (01/2018–01/2019).
- Member of the CDISE Computational Prototyping Group (09/2016–12/2017).
Scholarships and Awards
- Nomination as a top submission in the field of electromagnetic tissue properties mapping, for the abstract “A Novel Volume-Surface Integral Equation Formulation of Global Maxwell Tomography: Simulations and Experiments”, by the ISMRM-EMTP study group.
- Trainee (Educational) Stipend Award, in the ISMRM & SMRT Annual Meeting & Exhibition, 7-12 May 2022. Stipend for the abstract submission: “A Novel Volume-Surface Integral Equation Formulation of Global Maxwell Tomography: Simulations and Experiments”.
- Trainee (Educational) Stipend Award, in the ISMRM Workshop on Ultra-High Field MR, 19-22 March 2022. Stipend for the abstract submission: “Hybrid volume-surface integral equation method for rapid electromagnetic simulations in ultra-high-field MRI”.
- Trainee (Educational) Stipend Award, in the ISMRM & SMRT Annual Meeting & Exhibition, 15-20 May 2021. Stipend for the abstract submission: “Decomposition of the incomplete volume-surface integral equation matrices for MR coil simulations”.
- Honorable Mention Award, in the 2018 IEEE AP-S Student Paper Competition. Stipend for the 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation & USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting submission: “3D Cross-Tucker Approximation in FFT-Based Volume Integral Equation Methods”.
- Honorary Scholarship, Greek State Scholarships Foundation, Scholarship for Excellence in Undergraduate Studies (2011-2012).
- R01 EB024536 (Lattanzi, R.) NIH/NIBIB, Novel Software Tools for Rational Design and Assessment of MR Coils (04/2021–now).
Invited Research Visits
- NYGSM, Department of Radiology, NY, USA, Invited by prof. Riccardo Lattanzi (one week, 10/2019).
- NYGSM, Department of Radiology, NY, USA, Invited by prof. Riccardo Lattanzi (one week, 03/2019).
Services and Affiliations
- Trainee Member, ISMRM (11/2019–now)
- Volunteer for knee MRI scans at NYU Center for Biomedical Imaging, New York, NY, USA (03/2021–now).
- Organizer of student presentation meeting for “Quantum Mechanics” course, ECE, AuTh (03/2014–06/2014).
- Hellenic Native Speaker
- English Fully Proficient
- IELTS (2011)
- ECCE, University of Michigan (2006)
- French Working Knowledge
- Delf B1/A2/A1
Computer and Software skills
- OS: GNU/Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), Windows.
- Software: LATEX, Gmsh, Slurm, LibreOffice.
- CEM Software: MARIE, CST, Sonnet, 4NEC2, WIPL-D, PSpice.
- Prog. Languages: MATLAB, Python (PyTorch), C, C ++, CUDA, Julia.